Implant Supported Dentures
For patients who require a denture or are unsatisfied with their current conventional prostheses, our Lakeland oral surgeon, Dr. Sean Walcott, can provide implant supported dentures. At Tampa Bay Institute of Oral Surgery and Dental Implants in Lakeland, we offer several types of implant supported dentures, which include:
- Nobel Biocare All-on-4® Hybrid Dentures. Dr. Walcott can use this advanced implant placement technique to securely fix your complete overdentures with just four strategically placed implants per arch.
- Bar-Retained Dentures. This type of denture involves implants attached to a set of metal bars, onto which Dr. Walcott places the denture.
- Ball-Retained Dentures. This form of denture uses a ball and socket or stud abutment to stably hold a set of artificial teeth in place.
At your FREE initial consultation, Dr. Walcott will explain your options in further detail and help you choose which type of implant supported denture is most appropriate for your needs and preferences.
Who is a Candidate?
You may qualify for implant supported dentures if you:
- Currently have a conventional denture and are displeased with its appearance, function, or fit.
- Are missing a large portion or the entirety of your teeth.
- Do not currently suffer from tooth decay or gum disease. Dr. Walcott can help you treat these conditions before beginning the implant placement and restoration process.
- Have sufficient bone tissue to hold dental implants. If you do not, Dr. Walcott can perform bone grafting procedures such as a sinus lift or ridge augmentation.
- Are in good general health, without any cardiovascular disease, immune system disorders, or other conditions that could compromise your healing.
At your initial consultation, Dr. Walcott will assess your mouth, review your medical records, and discuss your concerns with you to determine if you are a good candidate for implant supported dentures.
Implant supported dentures provide many advantages over conventional dentures. These include:
- A more snug and comfortable fit
- Improved bone health
- Better stability, since they cannot shift as easily
- Enhanced confidence and self-esteem
- A more attractive appearance
- Easier speaking
- More comfortable chewing and fewer food restrictions
- Limited or no clicking sounds, as is often the case with traditional dentures
Learn More About Implant Supported Dentures
To learn more about implant supported dentures that are appropriate for your oral health circumstances, schedule a complimentary initial consultation with Dr. Sean Walcott in our convenient Lakeland, FL office.