Why Choose an Oral Surgeon for Your Dental Implants
Dental Implant Therapy has traditionally been an “interdisciplinary process” with an oral surgeon placing one or more implants and then a general dentist or prosthodontist completing dental restoration by placing an implant crown, bridge, partial denture, or full denture on the implant(s). The oral surgeon traditionally performed the pre-surgical work-up, surgically placed the implants, and made sure osseointegration was complete prior to attaching abutments for the prosthetic teeth. The surgeon also performed any bone and gum tissue enhancement procedures needed to achieve optimal results.
Today there are exceptions. Many general dentists offer dental implant treatment, including implant placement. At Tampa Bay Institute for Oral Surgery and Dental Implants in Tampa, Land O’Lakes, and Lakeland, we believe you will avoid possible complications, have the best surgical experience, and receive the most predictable results if all of your implant related surgical procedures are performed by an Implant Specialist. Our oral surgeons are highly trained specialists, who have dedicated 20 or more years of their lives to becoming experts and achieving exceptional results in dental medicine and oral surgery. They are on top of the latest advances in implant related surgical materials, technology, and methods—and have successfully treated thousands of patients with dental implants.
At Tampa Bay Institute for Oral Surgery and Dental Implants, we believe that you want to minimize your risk of complications, improve your healing time, be the most comfortable you can be, and absolutely be assured of optimal results.
Simply put, you want an oral surgeon to do your implants because…
An oral surgeon who has focused on dental implants, offers patients expertise and experience that general dentists do not have. At Tampa Bay Institute for Oral Surgery and Dental Implants, we offer you:
- An oral and maxillofacial surgeon with four years of surgical hospital residency and many years of experience placing thousands of implants
- Precise 3D Cone Beam CT guided diagnostics and surgery
- Safe IV sedation
- When needed, expertise in dental extractions, bone grafts, sinus lifts and other surgical bone enhancement and reconstructive techniques
- Soft tissue management for optimal aesthetic results
- An implant track record of over 98% success
Your Local Oral Surgeon in Lakeland with Emphasis on Dental Implants
Dr. Sean Walcott in Lakeland is capable of everything from the simple placement of a single implant to comprehensive treatment requiring multiple implants, grafting and reconstructive techniques, using IV sedation. He also offers the latest in teeth-in-a-day treatment for edentulous patients, by using Nobel Biocare® All-on-4™ components.
With Dr. Sean Walcott, you are in safe, experienced hands. Because he is oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Sean Walcott is especially capable of a thorough diagnosis, which will take into consideration your gum tissue and bone tissue status, natural occlusion, facial aesthetics, and systemic health. You are safe at all times, even under IV sedation, and his advanced technology enables him to do Cone Beam CT Guided Surgery for precise, optimal placement of implants.
If you live in the Lakeland area of Florida, you are fortunate to be able to conveniently turn to Dr. Walcott for all your implant surgical needs, including:
- Complimentary initial consultation with preliminary diagnostic work-up, including 3D Cone Beam CT scan (a $475 value)
- Full communication with your dentist or prosthodontist for optimal interdisciplinary treatment planning and treatment
- Surgical extraction of severely diseased or damaged teeth that are to be replaced with implants, and immediate placement of osseous material in the extraction cavity to prepare your jaw bone for best implant results
- Bone graft or sinus lift procedures that may be necessary to grow adequate bone tissue to receive the implant
- Surgical placement of your implants and abutments (connectors for implant crowns, bridges, and dentures)
- IV Moderate Sedation
- Monitoring of gum tissue healing and osseointegration (biological process of bone tissue growing firmly around the bio-compatible implant)
- Gum tissue management for best aesthetic results
- For edentulous patients, complete Nobel Biocare® All-on-4™ “Teeth-in-a-Day” replacement of your teeth with a hybrid overdenture
Get an expert dental implant opinion. Learn what is best for you.
When it comes to your mouth and dental implants, we think you want the best—an expert diagnosis and recommendations from an expert oral surgeon, who can insure predictable success and a lifetime of satisfaction. Give us a call today, and schedule your FREE initial consultation.