Reclaim Your Smile with a Tampa Implant Dentist
If you’re missing one or more teeth, Tampa Implant Dentist Dr. Renato Aves can help you reclaim the appearance and function of your smile by placing dental implants at our Tampa or Lakeland, FL oral surgery practice. Millions of Americans are candidates for dental implants, so if you suffer from gaps in your smile, you’re not alone. According to the American College of Prosthodontists, approximately 178 million Americans have lost at least one tooth, and 35 million are edentulous, meaning they are missing all of their teeth.
To enable you to discover more about dental implants and find out if this treatment is right for you, we offer a complimentary (no charge) initial consultation. It’s as simple as contacting us to schedule a consultation with Dr. Aves.
Why Should You Replace Missing Teeth?
Having empty spaces between your teeth can be uncomfortable, make you feel self-conscious about your smile, and lead to unhealthy dental conditions. You should promptly replace missing teeth because:
- Gaps in your mouth can be difficult to clean and allow bacteria to collect, causing periodontal disease, sores, or other oral health issues.
- Your surrounding teeth often shift in place to accommodate the space left by a missing tooth, creating orthodontic issues such as malocclusion.
- Having fewer teeth can make chewing and speaking uncomfortable, interfering with your daily life.
- Missing teeth can make you feel embarrassed about your smile.
- Without tooth roots to stimulate your jawbone tissue, it may begin to deteriorate, changing your overall facial structure. This can give your face a hollow, narrow appearance and disrupt the function of your mouth.
Dr. Aves can further explain how replacing missing teeth can improve your quality of life a your initial consultation.
What Are Dental Implants?
Conventional artificial teeth sit on top of the gums where the natural teeth once were. While they can temporarily repair your smile, these prostheses often shift in your mouth, wear down surrounding teeth used to hold them in place, and create an unnatural appearance. Dental implants are a more advanced restorative treatment. These are titanium posts Dr. Aves can insert into your jaw, where they will fuse with the existing bone tissue to take the place of missing tooth roots. Once he places dental implants and they integrate with your jawbone, your dentist or prosthodontist can attach beautiful restorations to them. Dental implants can support crowns, bridges, or dentures, depending on your needs and preferences.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Implant-supported restorations offer many advantages over traditional prostheses. The benefits of dental implants include:
- Easier, more comfortable eating, talking, and smiling
- A more attractive, natural looking smile with artificial teeth that do not move during use
- Improved jawbone health, since the stimulation of the dental implants prevents bone deterioration
- Better durability than traditional restorations
Find Out if Dental Implants Are Right For You
We offer a no charge initial consultation for dental implants. If you suffer from one or more missing teeth, dental implants could help you enjoy a healthier, more complete smile. Contact the Tampa Bay Institute of Oral Surgery and Dental Implants today to learn more about this treatment and schedule an appointment with Dr. Aves.