Are Dental Implants Right For Me?
Tampa Implant Dentist Dr. Renato Aves, has been helping patients make choices about dental implant therapy for many years. If you live in Tampa, Florida, you are fortunate, because he will give you a complimentary (no charge) initial consultation to explore whether dental implants are right for you. Dental implants are biocompatible titanium posts inserted into your jawbone, where they merge with your natural tissue to create a solid foundation for all types of dental restorations.
Gaps in your smile can be uncomfortable, unsightly, and unhealthy. The spaces left by missing teeth can collect harmful bacteria, cause surrounding teeth to move, lead to bone loss, and make daily activities like chewing and speaking difficult. To fill these gaps, Dr. Aves will be happy to work in collaboration with your dentist or prosthodontist to place and restore dental implants that will restore function, beauty and improve your quality of life.
Simply contact the Tampa Bay Institute of Oral Surgery and Dental Implants schedule a consultation with Dr. Aves to learn if you are a good candidate for dental implants.
Candidacy Requirements for Dental Implant Therapy
Most patients can enjoy comfortable, beautiful, natural looking smiles with dental implants. However, you must fit specific qualifications to be eligible for this treatment. To be a good candidate for dental implants, you should:
- Be missing one or more teeth, or require an extraction.
- Not smoke or drink heavily. You may qualify for dental implants if you are willing to stop smoking and drinking excessively for a prescribed period of time before and after your placement surgery.
- Be free from periodontal (gum) disease. This type of infection could interfere with implant placement and healing.
- Be in good general health. Suffering from chronic or immune compromising diseases could increase your risk for complications.
- Be able to undergo anesthesia or sedation as needed.
- Have sufficient jawbone tissue in the treatment area to hold the titanium post in place. If you do not, Dr. Aves may be able to improve your candidacy by performing a bone graft, sinus lift, or ridge augmentation.
- Be committed to maintaining your implants so they last for many years.
The Initial Consultation
We offer a no charge initial consultation for dental implants. During this appointment, Dr. Aves will meet with you to help you decide if dental implants are an appropriate restorative method for your needs and preferences. To do so, he will:
- Examine your mouth, paying special attention to the gaps left by missing teeth.
- Go over your medical and dental records to better understand your overall health and determine if you suffer from any conditions that could disrupt your treatment.
- Answer any questions and address any concerns you have about dental implants.
- Perform diagnostic testing. This could include taking a digital x-ray or CT (computed tomography) scan. If necessary, Dr. Aves may refer you to a specialist for more advanced diagnosis.
- Explain what is involved in the procedure, the expected timeline, and your treatment options.
Find Out if Dental Implant Therapy Could Help You
If you’ve been considering replacing missing teeth with dental implants, Dr. Aves can help you make up your mind and proceed with treatment. To learn more about dental implants or find out if you qualify for them, contact us today to schedule a no charge initial consultation.